Sunday, July 23, 2006

Postgrad Wiki Test

I have set up a test postgrad wiki here. I am not sure how to set the 'settings' or if anyone can edit the wiki pages. Can someone go add something, please!

For examples, here is a simple entry for postgraduate students or a simple unfinished cultural studies. Plus one for me to give a very rough idea of what it could mean to have a personal page online.

Hopefully people will get the idea.

I need a volunteer to eventually help set up a mediawiki wiki. I don't know any of the programming languages having failed computer science (ok, 1st year programming) at uni. If anyone knows MySQL and php, err, stuff and can help set up a mediawiki wiki, then can you contact me please!!! I am going to lean on some people, but the more the merrier :). I sent out an email a while ago, but apparently some epople didn't receive it!?!?!

Also, if anyone has some connections at a web hosting company and can sought us out with some server space for the wiki files and database jazz for not much then I would be grateful.

I imagine that a second test of a proper mediawiki wiki would need to be carried out.

EDIT:
I need to send invitations to people.
This is fine for this test wiki, but it will not be like that for the actual wiki!!! So if you want an invite reply to this post with a proper email addy in the correct email field using the haloscan comments. Or just send me an email if you already have my email.

No comments:

Post a Comment